Skip to main content

Weekly Shopping Trip

So this week was bad. I did go over my budget, (Hey, I only spent $10 OOP last week) however I did more stocking up. I don't think I will need a lot of the basics for awhile. So I should be good for another couple of weeks. I am not really planning on shopping next weekend so I am hoping this will even me out for the month. Check out how everyone else did this week HERE


Giant
Multigrain Cheerios - 2.50 (-0.75 coupon double up to $1) 1.50
3 Quaker Granola Bars - 6.00
Quaker Mini Delights - 2.59 - Free
Flour Tortiatas - 2.09
2 Frosted Flakes - 6.00 (-$1 coupon/ 2) 5.00
Utz Chips - 2.00 (Keeps Daddy happy)
Diet Coke 6 pk - 3.00 (Free)
4 - 12pk of Coke - 12.00 (Not pictured)
2 New England Hazelnut Coffee - 5.59 (BOGO Free)
5# Yams - 2.58
2 Kunzler 1# Bacon - 4.99 (BOGO Free) (-$1 coupon) 3.99
2 Round Roast - 15.34 (BOGO Free) (-$2 coupon) 13.34
2 Chicken Sausage - 9.14 (don't tell Daddy it's chicken)
2 Soybean Margarine - 3.98 (this was on sale and it never goes on sale, so had to get it)
Soy Cheese - 3.99
1 gallon 1% Milk - 2.85
Quart Whole Milk - 0.83
Dozen Eggs - 1.19 (-0.50 coupon) 0.69
2 Giant Shredded cheese - 6.00
Minus $5 off total catalina coupon
Total OOP 77.99

Target
2 half gallons Soy milk - 5.00
Total OOP 5.00

Produce Junction
3 heads of Iceburg Lettuce - 2.00
1# Carrots - 0.75
2# Onions - 1.50
2# Red Bliss Potatoes - 1.50
5# Bannanas - 2.00
2# Green Grapes - 2.50
Total OOP - 10.25

Grand Total 93.24

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Shopping Trip

So I am missing my reciept from my big shopping trip this weekend and with no photo to show me all what I bought. I really can't account for it. I can tell you that I spend $45 dollars on it though and I did get some really good deals. So I am wondering how you avoid the sales and only buy what you need for the week. I am struggling with that. I did not need really anything this week but our local grocery store ran their $1 coupon doubler again. So I was enticed by a great deal on Folgers Gourmet Coffee - I bought 2 bags after coupons and grocery deals for 6.75, normally the price of one. Great deal, but again it wasn't a need this week. So please tell me how you avoid the deals and only shop for the needs especially when the deals will eventually be your needs..... I did hit Produce Junction this weekend and I did get a photo of that... Produce Junction 2# Green Beans 2.00 2 heads of Lettuce 1.50 Grape Tomatoes 1.50 Total 5.00 ish

Green & Frugal Easter Egg Dying

Who has those easter egg dying memories with those little colored pelts that fizzed when they hit the water. (Should that have been a sign that they weren't good, for the environment?) With the plastic spoons, cups and egg removers. They are still sell them today and still pretty cheap. I saw some for 0.99 at Target today, which is really tempting for a working mom like me. However, they are they are full of non-recyclable products, chemical dyes and those nice little plastic wrappers with the popular kids cartoon characters. So trying to figure out a green and frugal way to dye eggs. Well here are two solutions.... So want to know how to dye eggs naturally.... “For all dyes, bring the dye mixture to a boil, remove from heat and cool and strain liquid into a medium bowl. Submerge 4 to 6 hard-cooked eggs in dye for up to 30 minutes, depending on how deep you want the color to be. Remove from dye and place on a cooling rack to dry and drain. Store in the fridge until ready to use. Or

What works for me

Since I am a working mommy I have to be organized in order for our lives to run smoothly and be able to get everything done that I want and needs to get done. I currently work 4 - 10 hour shifts. Sassy is in daycare 3 day a week and my mom watches her one day a week. Daddy works 60-80 hours a week between his two jobs so he is not able to help out as much as he use to. So that leaves a lot of the burden up to me... the cleaning, the cooking, the child-rearing, the laundry, taking care of 2 dogs, etc. My SAHM always tell me they have no clue how I do it... well I don't get a whole lot of sleep. I usually go to bed around 11pm and the days that I work I have to be up at 5am in order to get Sassy and I out the door to school and work by 6:20. So this is how I do it. I while ago, I found that I was wasting a lot of time by doing things multiple times during the week, like paying bills, emailing, laundry, cleaning, etc. So I have now broken everything down to days..... Mondays - Clean