Skip to main content

Weekly Shopping Trip

So this week, I actually went to 3 different stores. This is out of my norm but all were having really good sales and I was going to be in the area of all three in the course of one day, so I hit them all. I actually stayed within my budget. I was only over by $7, not to bad. I probably will go over later in the week, since I am having an EcoMom's meeting here and I need snacks for the ladies and I. Anyone have any good, cheap and healthy snack ideas for adults? Please share.

See how Gayle and everyone else did this week over at the Grocery Cart Challenge.

Here's how I did....

Wegmans
4 Blocks of Cheese 7.96
Cream Cheese 1.29
4 Yogurts 1.60
Gallon Organic Milk 5.79
Tater Tots 1.99
4 Smart One Meals 9.96 (-2.00) (-0.50 coupon doubled) 6.96
Frozen Lite Whipped Topping 0.89
Hershey's Chocolate Syrup 1.99
2 Baked Beans 2.58 (-0.60) 1.98
2 Black Beans 1.38
Mild Salsa 1.59

Total Savings 3.60
Total OOP 33.42


Giant
2 Quaker Rice Cakes 4.30
12 Powerade 13.08 (-1.08) (-4.08 for buying 12) 8.00
Coffee Creamer 1.79 (-0.07) 1.72
Gallon 1% Milk 2.89
1/2 Gallon Whole Milk 1.60

Total Saving 5.15
Total OOP 18.99


Pathmark
Lay Potato Chip 3.99 (-2.20) 1.79
Lay BBQ Chip 3.99 (-2.20) 1.79
10 Hunts Ketchup 13.52 (-5.82) (-2.30 bonus big buy) 6.16
4# Strawberries 11.98 (-8.02) 3.96

Total Savings 21.62
Total OOP 20.28

Total Savings 30.37
Total OOP $72.69

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Shopping Trip

So I am missing my reciept from my big shopping trip this weekend and with no photo to show me all what I bought. I really can't account for it. I can tell you that I spend $45 dollars on it though and I did get some really good deals. So I am wondering how you avoid the sales and only buy what you need for the week. I am struggling with that. I did not need really anything this week but our local grocery store ran their $1 coupon doubler again. So I was enticed by a great deal on Folgers Gourmet Coffee - I bought 2 bags after coupons and grocery deals for 6.75, normally the price of one. Great deal, but again it wasn't a need this week. So please tell me how you avoid the deals and only shop for the needs especially when the deals will eventually be your needs..... I did hit Produce Junction this weekend and I did get a photo of that... Produce Junction 2# Green Beans 2.00 2 heads of Lettuce 1.50 Grape Tomatoes 1.50 Total 5.00 ish

Green & Frugal Easter Egg Dying

Who has those easter egg dying memories with those little colored pelts that fizzed when they hit the water. (Should that have been a sign that they weren't good, for the environment?) With the plastic spoons, cups and egg removers. They are still sell them today and still pretty cheap. I saw some for 0.99 at Target today, which is really tempting for a working mom like me. However, they are they are full of non-recyclable products, chemical dyes and those nice little plastic wrappers with the popular kids cartoon characters. So trying to figure out a green and frugal way to dye eggs. Well here are two solutions.... So want to know how to dye eggs naturally.... “For all dyes, bring the dye mixture to a boil, remove from heat and cool and strain liquid into a medium bowl. Submerge 4 to 6 hard-cooked eggs in dye for up to 30 minutes, depending on how deep you want the color to be. Remove from dye and place on a cooling rack to dry and drain. Store in the fridge until ready to use. Or

Freecycle

Okay so if you haven't checked out Free cycle yet. You need to. What is freecycle you ask? It is an online community of people who are getting rid of things for free. Some stuff is truly trash and somethings people just don't want anymore and they don't want it to go to the landfill. So this weekend I hit the Freecycle jackpot... Here is what I got 1 children's plastic picnic table & a box of girls toys (not pictured, but Sassy loves her new table) 1 5 foot wall hanging coat rack 2 wooden chairs okay so the chair need to be reupholstered but that little bit of $ compared to 2 brand new chairs. The cushions are still great. So just need fabric, will have to watch for a great sale/coupon at Joann's This post is linked to What Works for Me Wednesdays