Skip to main content

Weekly Shopping 4/27

Well, this week has been a roller coaster for us, and Sassy's milk allergy. We had a food challenge and you can read the details HERE.

They opened up a Pathmark in our area. I have checked them out. They claim they are cheaper than Giant and Wegman's however, they are not on all products. So I ran in and got a couple of items that were on sale and then headed to Giant for the rest. Check out my totals and total saved. I really did well this week.

Pathmark
2 - 1# Strawberries 3.00
22 pk single Potato Chips sacks - 6.49 (-0.55 coupon doubled) 5.39
4 - 12pk Coke 9.98
Pack of Wrigley's Gum 1.19 (Free after coupon)
Total OOP 18.87
With coupons and sales I saved a total of 19.15!!

Giant
Reynolds foil 2.49 (-$1 coupon) 1.49
Whole grain Goldfish carton 8.49
Multi grain Cheerios 3.19 (-$1 coupon) 2.19
2 Ziploc Small Containers 5.58 (-$1.50 coupon) 4.08
Quaker Rice Cakes 2.15
3 pk Sparkle Paper Towels 2.99 (-$1.00 coupon) 1.99
2 Frosted Flakes 4.98 (-$1.00 coupon) 3.98
Bertolli Olive Oil 4.99 (-$1.00 Giant coupon) (-$1.00 MF coupon) 2.99 such a super deal!
6 pk Scott's Paper Towels 5.50 (-$1.00 coupon) 4.50
2 Adam & Eve Juice Bottles 5.00 (-$1.00 coupon ) 4.00
Kashi Fruit Rolls 2.99
Fruit Nuggets 2.15
3# Organic Apples 3.49 (-$0.50 coupon) 2.89
2- 6# All Natural Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast 15.27
2 - Sirlon Steaks BOGO Free - 15.37
Daily Special Pot Roast 3.33
Daily Special Steak 2.85
Cheese Sticks - 3.65
Gallon 1% Milk - 2.85
1/2 Gallon Whole milk - 1.58
1/2 Gallon Organic Milk - 3.79
TOTAL OOP - 93.40
I saved with coupons and sale items a total of $51.83! Wow does that make me feel good

Total out of pocket is 112.27! I had a budget this week of $100 so I went a little over that, I know exactly were I spent it though, on the chicken and manager's specials meat. However, all that food is enough to feed us for 11 meals, so I should be good again for a couple of weeks.

Check out how Gayle and the others did this week at the Grocery Cart Challenge

Last minute addition
I just got off the phone with Sassy's allergist and we need to pull her off of Milk for the rest of the week. (The saga continues). So I am going to have to make a run out to the store tonight and pick up some soy milk and soy cheese to get us through till the weekend. So that adds about another $10 to my total above.

Comments

  1. Found you @ GCC- we shop at Martins (a Giant chain) and love it! Alot of people tell me they think they are more expensive, but I've checked prices w/ other stores & they are not! I love their natures promise managers meat specials - they have some every time I shop!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Shopping Trip

So I am missing my reciept from my big shopping trip this weekend and with no photo to show me all what I bought. I really can't account for it. I can tell you that I spend $45 dollars on it though and I did get some really good deals. So I am wondering how you avoid the sales and only buy what you need for the week. I am struggling with that. I did not need really anything this week but our local grocery store ran their $1 coupon doubler again. So I was enticed by a great deal on Folgers Gourmet Coffee - I bought 2 bags after coupons and grocery deals for 6.75, normally the price of one. Great deal, but again it wasn't a need this week. So please tell me how you avoid the deals and only shop for the needs especially when the deals will eventually be your needs..... I did hit Produce Junction this weekend and I did get a photo of that... Produce Junction 2# Green Beans 2.00 2 heads of Lettuce 1.50 Grape Tomatoes 1.50 Total 5.00 ish

Green & Frugal Easter Egg Dying

Who has those easter egg dying memories with those little colored pelts that fizzed when they hit the water. (Should that have been a sign that they weren't good, for the environment?) With the plastic spoons, cups and egg removers. They are still sell them today and still pretty cheap. I saw some for 0.99 at Target today, which is really tempting for a working mom like me. However, they are they are full of non-recyclable products, chemical dyes and those nice little plastic wrappers with the popular kids cartoon characters. So trying to figure out a green and frugal way to dye eggs. Well here are two solutions.... So want to know how to dye eggs naturally.... “For all dyes, bring the dye mixture to a boil, remove from heat and cool and strain liquid into a medium bowl. Submerge 4 to 6 hard-cooked eggs in dye for up to 30 minutes, depending on how deep you want the color to be. Remove from dye and place on a cooling rack to dry and drain. Store in the fridge until ready to use. Or

Freecycle

Okay so if you haven't checked out Free cycle yet. You need to. What is freecycle you ask? It is an online community of people who are getting rid of things for free. Some stuff is truly trash and somethings people just don't want anymore and they don't want it to go to the landfill. So this weekend I hit the Freecycle jackpot... Here is what I got 1 children's plastic picnic table & a box of girls toys (not pictured, but Sassy loves her new table) 1 5 foot wall hanging coat rack 2 wooden chairs okay so the chair need to be reupholstered but that little bit of $ compared to 2 brand new chairs. The cushions are still great. So just need fabric, will have to watch for a great sale/coupon at Joann's This post is linked to What Works for Me Wednesdays